NATIONAL GREEN CORPS
National Green Corps is a programme of the Ministry of Environment and Forests Government of India, which aims to provide opportunities for students to understand the Environment and Environmental problems.
1. NATIONAL GREEN CORPS IS AN EXTENSION WING OF ANDHRA LOYOLA COLLEGE ESTABLISHED IN 2007.
2. NGC have been organizing Eco-friendly and environmental programs to enlighten students.
The Objectives of NGC are:
1. NGC Students participate in activities related to Biodiversity Conservation, Water Conservation, Energy Conservation and Land Use Planning and Resource Management.
2. To impart knowledge to students about their immediate environment, interactions within and problems therein through hands-on experience.
3. To promote Environmental discipline and Environmental responsibility among the students.
4. These NGC Cadets are the Green Brigade of the College, protecting the natural resources from misuse and promoting the conservation of the natural resources.
5. To develop skills of observation, experimentation, survey, recording, analysis, reasoning needed for conserving environment through activities.
6. To sensitize students to issues related to environment and development through field visits and demonstrations.
1. Dr. B. Siva Kumari appointed as a Coordinator of NGC for the Academic year 2014-15.
II. POSTER PRESENTATIONS COMPETITIONS ON THE EVE OF WORLD NATURE CONSERVATION DAY -28-07-2014
1 Save Nature
2. Make Vijayawada City -Green Hat of the State
3. Conservation of Biodiversity
III. GUEST LECTURE: ON THE EVE OF WORLD NATURE CONSERVATION DAY on 28-07-2014 NGC Organized a guest lecture on Conservation of Biodiversity.
IV- NGC STUDENTS PARTICIPATED IN THE CAMPUS CLEANING AND IN PLANTATION WORK
V- 22-8-2014- Campus cleaning
VI- 24-8-2014- Plantation work
VII- 26-8-2014- Cleaning
VIII- 27-8-2014- Plantation
VIII- 28-9-2014- One day seminar